We are asking the San Carlos City Council for a moratorium on commercial development so the community can have a discussion on building more housing.
- Over 2M sq ft of new commercial/office space development is planned for San Carlos
- This may result in over 6,000 new jobs created in San Carlos
- There is no plan to accommodate all these new workers; where will they live? how will they commute?
- New workers will exacerbate the existing housing crisis in San Carlos; the city is unaffordable for our essential workers like teachers, first responders, nurses etc.
- We welcome new commercial development, but it must be accompanied with a plan to support family housing across all the income levels in our community
- We ask for a moratorium on new commercial development; we want to have a community dialog on how to build more housing for essential workers and new workers in San Carlos.
When: April 22
Where: San Carlos City Hall, 600 Elm St, San Carlos, CA 94070