The lack of affordable housing has negative economic, social and environmental impacts on San Carlos and the entire Bay Area.
- Parents: Will your kids be able to afford to live in your community?
- Employers in all sectors can’t attract workers; from teachers and nurses to software engineers
- Traffic and pollution is getting worse from longer commutes
- Community bonds are being broken as people are forced out in search of housing.
But there are solutions:
- Build new modular homes faster and more efficiently
- New ride share ideas cut traffic
- Review zoning to open under-used space for housing
- Protect green space and open areas
Come join our panel of experts as we discuss new solutions in housing and how you can contribute.
- Leora Tanjuatco Ross, Housing Leadership Council, http://hlcsmc.org/
- Chris Lepe, TransForm, http://www.transformca.org/
- Sean Gibson, Dragonfly Group, http://dragonfly-grp.com/
- Martin Romo, Economic Development & Housing Manager, City of San Carlos