San Carlos: Peninsula Progressive Action Group (PPAG) today endorsed Sara McDowell, Laura Parmer-Lohan, and Adam Rak for San Carlos City Council.
With three seats opening up on the San Carlos City Council, PPAG wants to work with candidates who are best able to work productively to solve the issues facing San Carlos, and best represent our values as a community. PPAG is excited to find those candidates in Sara McDowell, Laura Parmer-Lohan, Adam Rak and are very pleased to endorse them. (Questions and answers are here)
PPAG will be supporting McDowell, Parmer-Lohan and Rak through various communications and GOTV initiatives leading up to the election.
More information on the candidates can be found here:
- Sara McDowell – https://www.saramcdowell.org/
- Laura Parmer-Lohan – https://lauraforsancarlos.com/
- Adam Rak – https://www.adamrak.org/
PPAG is a volunteer run action group that raises national issues at the local level, and champions policies that promote a safer and more just community. PPAG has been active around San Carlos and San Mateo County since 2017, and helped lead:
- Blocking a new gun store in San Carlos
- Successful passage of a gun store moratorium in San Carlos, so the city can better study issues of safety and community involvement around new gun store regulations
- Successful passage of San Carlos’ “Welcoming City” resolution, which affirms the city’s commitment to diversity and to safety for immigrants
- Raising over $8000 for Texas Civil Right Project, which fights against family separation at our southern border, and defends the rights of immigrants and asylum seekers
- Raising over $30,000 for Swing Left and Sister District, to support candidates fighting for a more inclusive and just society at the federal and state level.
One thought on “Peninsula Progressive Action Group endorses Sara McDowell, Laura Parmer-Lohan, Adam Rak for San Carlos City Council.”