Being a father is the best part of my life.
But now, in our country, thousands of children are being torn from their fathers and placed in detention camps.
Right now, there are fathers who have been forcibly separated from their children and who know nothing of their health or welfare.
As a father, I can scarcely imagine a worse situation.
On Father’s Day take a stand to support these families, and firmly against the inhumane policies that separate children from their mothers and fathers.
Step 1: Call your Representative and Senators
- San Francisco Peninsula CA-14 (We know they are on the right side of this issue, but continue to support them!)
- Ask Rep. Speier, Rep. Eshoo, Sen Feinstein, Sen Harris to tour Casa Padre, the children detention facility in Brownsville, Texas
- Or look up your Rep/Senator
- Check to ensure your Senator is supporting Senator Feinstein’s “Keep Families Together Act” (S.3036)
Step 2: Donate
- Human Rights First – https://www.humanrightsfirst.org/
- Texas Civil Right Project – https://texascivilrightsproject.org/
- Florence Project – https://firrp.org/
- Kids in Need of Defense – https://supportkind.org/
- Young Center – https://www.theyoungcenter.org/
- Catholic Charities of Rio Grande – https://www.catholiccharitiesrgv.org/
- Freedom for Immigrants – https://www.freedomforimmigrants.org/
Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services – https://www.raicestexas.org/
Step 3: Agitate
- Voice your disgust on the Dept of Justice comment line – 202-353-1555
- Voice your disgust by contacting ICE community relations – https://www.ice.gov/contact/oce
- General Dynamics has a contract with ICE to build/manage child camps. Voice your disgust-> Lucy Ryan: (703) 876-3631 email@example.com